Partial/Full Dentures (Metal Free)
There are two main types of dentures, full and partial.
A partial denture sits on metal framework that attaches to your natural teeth. Sometimes crowns are placed on some of your natural teeth and serve as anchors for the denture. Partial dentures offer a removable alternative to bridges. When not all teeth are necessarily needed to be removed a partial denture is a great alternative.
Conventional Full Denture
A conventional full denture is placed in your mouth after any remaining teeth are removed and tissues have healed. During the healing process a patient may be without their new denture until the healing time.
Immediate Full Denture
An immediate full denture is inserted immediately after the remaining teeth are removed. (Your dentist takes measurements and makes models of your jaw during a prior visit.) While immediate dentures offer the benefit of never having to be without your teeth, they must be relined several months after being inserted. The reason is that the bone supporting the teeth reshapes as it heals, causing the denture to become loose.
How To Care For Your Denture:
Here are tips for caring for your dentures:
- See Dentistry Blossom if your dentures chips, cracks or is too loose, as to not break or damage the denture.
- When handling your dentures, stand over a folded towel or basin of water. Dentures are breakable and need to be treated gently.
- Always place your denture them in a denture cleanser soaking solution or in plain water when you’re not wearing them. Never use hot water, which can cause them to warp. Never let them dryout.
- Brushing your dentures daily will remove food deposits and plaque, and help prevent them from becoming stained. An ultrasonic cleaner may be used to care for your dentures, but it does not replace a thorough daily brushing.
- Brush your gums, tongue and palate every morning with a soft-bristled brush before you insert your dentures. By doing this it helps the tissues and it removes plaque.
Why Choose Us?
- Gentle & Personalized Care
- Prompt Professional Services
- Unhurried, Conservative Treatment Options
- Evenings & Saturday Appointments
- All Ages Welcome